Thursday, May 10, 2018



This was my friend the great "Playboy Buddy Rose" of pro wrestling fame. He's been gone since spring of 2009 and I miss him and his antics, crazy fast dangerous driving, and ribbing. When I first met him and his partner "Col. DeBeers" (also a veteran pro wrestler) it was in 2007 downtown Portland Oregon, one of my all time favorite cities. They came to pick me up in Buddy's yellow Lincoln Continental with a big pair of rubber testicles on the back bumper, and Col. DeBeers in the back, death gripping the seat and giving me a big grin when I got in the front telling me that "I'm a brave one aren't I..." that should have told me something right there. It was a big car, but Buddy was a really big man so he was crammed in there with the steering wheel set low in his lap and his foot all the way down on that accelerator. I was white knuckled gripping that passenger handle as we screetched around corners and flew through intersections with sparks flying out from the bottom of the car as the steel frame scraped the pavement at high speeds after catching air and landing hard! I was glad to be alive when I got out of that car! I was also happy that I had just met one of the coolest people ever, and was looking forward to doing business with him and the Colonel. I've never regretted doing work in showbiz throughout my life. Whether producing a stand up comedy show or performing in one, to announcing for MMA and pro wrestling, it's all been a blast of an experience and I meet the coolest people ever!
#playboybuddyrose #michaeloneilannouncer #prowrestling


No comments: